If you wish to return to this website (www.hisaronutouristguide.com) bookmark it now , as links below will take you to a different website.
- Nudes, hippies and angry villagers: on Turkey’s hippy trail in the 1970s, Part 1 February 6, 2013Last week, Karen Ormond told us about the process of up and moving to her Fethiye villa in Turkey with her husband, Derek. You can read about it over at Place Overseas. She spoke eloquently about the difficulties of adjusting and what changes their lives have gone through since moving to Fethiye three years ago. … Continue reading →easymovetoturkey
- What makes Bodrum ‘home’ January 9, 2013Bodrum has long been known as the St Tropez of Turkey; idyllic surroundings, a lovely location along the coast, and a charming atmosphere year round. But what makes Bodrum THE place to be in Turkey over other regions? We will explore the reasons why so many choose to call Bodrum home. The town is awash … Continue reading →Ricky Carbis
- Snow in Istanbul January 5, 2013If you are in Istanbul this weekend, be sure to have a scarf and warm jumper at the ready – heavy snow is set to sweep the city on January 5th. Due to a wave of cold air heading over from the Balkans, temperatures in Istanbul are set to drop below zero from January 5th … Continue reading →easymovetoturkey
- More foreigners looking to work in Turkey December 17, 2012The number of foreigners trying to obtain work permits to work in Turkey is on the rise year on year. New data released by the Labour Ministry shows that a total of 16,890 foreign workers applied for Turkish work permits in 2011, up from 14,201 applications in 2010 as working in Turkey becomes an ever … Continue reading →easymovetoturkey
- Domestic flights within Turkey increase December 4, 2012Data released by the Turkish Statistical Institute (TUIK) show that domestic flights from within Turkey have increased nearly 10 percent. The quarterly report shows that in the second quarter of 2012 there were a total of 14.6 million Turkish passengers travelling within Turkey, up 9.1 percent when compared with the same period of 2011. The … Continue readin […]easymovetoturkey